M2 - Second Submission
Omniya Tajni
M2: Identify potential client questions and amend pitch and proposal
documentation
documentation
Before going off to pitch my short film script to the panel, I practiced pitching it to a couple of peers to try and guess some questions that may be asked & see any last minute improvements I could make. This was a good help as it has allowed me to see what I have missed and what I could improve on.
Questions that my peers have asked/what could be potential client questions:
1. Why did you decide to add a clown to this short film?
2. Because its so hard to film in train stations, what would you do if you don't get a license for filming some of the scenes there?
3. How do you think your film will appeal to people not from your target audience?
The answers I gave:
1. 'After researching urban legend stories and doing my audience research, I came to a conclusion that having a clown in an urban legend, would create that theme and effect to the audience that this is an urban genre, and although the clown isn't the one actually following Jade, it just gives the audience the sense of horror and worry and urban legend story usually consists of'.
2. 'After research I believe that filming in train stations may be hard because of the strict security, but if I wont be able to get a license for filming in the stations, then me and my crew will have to work our way around it & if we can't film inside then we can just film outside the station as long as we show the place we are located & meet the requirements of filming in East London.'
3. 'After research, I believe that majority of people use snap chat on a daily basis, my film will also appeal to people not in my target age range, and I'm assuming these ages are individuals who are parents of the teenagers, so it will create awareness for them on their children's safety, so if their children use snap chat they should be aware of this location feature, make sure that their location is turned off and be aware of their children's surroundings.'
Additional advice given
Due to my story being about the location feature of snap chat, my peers believed that I didn't explain clearly as to why I decided that would be added to my urban legend story. I had to make sure I was clear when explaining this in case the panel got confused and started to question me more on this. I added it to my treatment under my inspiration, because I believed that not only would it fit the urban legend genre, but also create awareness for individuals that use snap chat and be careful if their locations are turned on.
When I was giving my pitch to my peers and started speaking about my audience research, they believed it would be better if I had a hard copy of the results when doing my pitch to the panel so I can show them evidence, otherwise the statistics I say just seem unreal. I put my results in a document and printed out a hard copy so if I was to speak about the results I will then give it out so they can compare the results. This is the document I gave to the clients in the panel, when I reached to talking about my audience research.
I didn't have a mood board added in my proposal documentation, so after giving my pitch to my peers I was able to make this. This was the mood board I ended up creating after getting feedback from my peers, I have included pictures of different locations I intended to film that are located in East London, I included the Snap chat map and logo, the clown that will appear in the film and two girls, as the main actors are 2 girls.

Questions that my peers have asked/what could be potential client questions:
1. Why did you decide to add a clown to this short film?
2. Because its so hard to film in train stations, what would you do if you don't get a license for filming some of the scenes there?
3. How do you think your film will appeal to people not from your target audience?
The answers I gave:
1. 'After researching urban legend stories and doing my audience research, I came to a conclusion that having a clown in an urban legend, would create that theme and effect to the audience that this is an urban genre, and although the clown isn't the one actually following Jade, it just gives the audience the sense of horror and worry and urban legend story usually consists of'.
2. 'After research I believe that filming in train stations may be hard because of the strict security, but if I wont be able to get a license for filming in the stations, then me and my crew will have to work our way around it & if we can't film inside then we can just film outside the station as long as we show the place we are located & meet the requirements of filming in East London.'
3. 'After research, I believe that majority of people use snap chat on a daily basis, my film will also appeal to people not in my target age range, and I'm assuming these ages are individuals who are parents of the teenagers, so it will create awareness for them on their children's safety, so if their children use snap chat they should be aware of this location feature, make sure that their location is turned off and be aware of their children's surroundings.'
Additional advice given
Due to my story being about the location feature of snap chat, my peers believed that I didn't explain clearly as to why I decided that would be added to my urban legend story. I had to make sure I was clear when explaining this in case the panel got confused and started to question me more on this. I added it to my treatment under my inspiration, because I believed that not only would it fit the urban legend genre, but also create awareness for individuals that use snap chat and be careful if their locations are turned on.



Comments
Post a Comment