D1 - First Submission
Omniya Tajni
D1: Discuss the client considerations for the creation of the product from the pitch
When making my script, I believe I have used a range of formal elements, after research on different types of media scripts and analysing the difference, I was able to adapt my use of understanding and comparison to make a script that will fit under the requirements of a film script. I believe I have used the create features that are needed in a film script to the best of my ability, by following the correct format, adding specific description needed for the storyboard making and a few camera techniques. Although when coming to produce the film the shots and camera frames will be on a separate document.
Overall, on the positive note, I believe that I included everything I could think of in my client presentation as well as my proposal, such as; the context of my film, where my inspiration came from, my script to screen results, audience research evidence and budget. I am happy as to way the pitch presentation worked out, especially after practising my pitch with some peers and where they gave me feedback that has helped me improve my presentation. I am proud as to the fact where I was able to justify my reasons and why I believe my script would be successful enough to be produced, I am confident that I have explained the synopsis of my script and clarified how I met the client brief by translating different urban legend stories. I was able to combine two different urban legend stories with own input as well to create an outstanding storyline.
However, I also believe that there are some aspects that may have let me down and the main thing I can mention is my confidence. Although I have mentioned a lot of things the client brief has asked me to, I consider that I may have been let down as to the way I was explaining things, which may have led me to not be successful. I understand that I may have been put down due to my nervousness, which may have made the panel a bit confused as to what I was trying to present. I feel as if I should have elaborated more on the questions that they have asked and I missed out on mentioning my target audience and as to why I have chosen that age range.
After reading the client brief, it asked me to translate an urban legend story into a 5 min short film script for it to be held in the East London Film Festival. I believe that by reading this, I must have included locations that are only located in East London. I have developed my ideas from 2 different urban legend stories I found when researching. The urban legend stories are called 'the baby sitter & the man upstairs' & 'the clown statue'. At first my only interest was in the babysitter and the man upstairs but after planning the synopsis of what my film was going to be about, I had a feeling that something is missing that urban legend theme. After realising this, I did more research where I found the story of the clown statue, as it also linked with the idea of my film and after audience research I believed that it would be something interesting to add in an urban legend film.
While planning for the short film script, I believe that I have found a lot of research material, but I believe I could have done more, because I was set on one main idea it reduced the risk of me looking up different urban legend stories and having a range of different ideas. Although this is the case I still believe enough research was done on my idea and I feel confident that my script would be picked to be produced. My inspiration came from a lot of different places; at first of course the client brief specifically said that I must translate an urban legend story and I achieved this by merging two together. I was intrigued with the new snap chat location feature and believed that it could be interesting to snap chat users & the feature itself is a risk. After recently finishing the series, pretty little liars, I was interested to see what the stalker was up to and surprised as to who it ended up being, and I added this to my script by making the person that was actually staling Jade unexpected and surprising.
While planning for the short film script, I believe that I have found a lot of research material, but I believe I could have done more, because I was set on one main idea it reduced the risk of me looking up different urban legend stories and having a range of different ideas. Although this is the case I still believe enough research was done on my idea and I feel confident that my script would be picked to be produced. My inspiration came from a lot of different places; at first of course the client brief specifically said that I must translate an urban legend story and I achieved this by merging two together. I was intrigued with the new snap chat location feature and believed that it could be interesting to snap chat users & the feature itself is a risk. After recently finishing the series, pretty little liars, I was interested to see what the stalker was up to and surprised as to who it ended up being, and I added this to my script by making the person that was actually staling Jade unexpected and surprising.
When making my script, I believe I have used a range of formal elements, after research on different types of media scripts and analysing the difference, I was able to adapt my use of understanding and comparison to make a script that will fit under the requirements of a film script. I believe I have used the create features that are needed in a film script to the best of my ability, by following the correct format, adding specific description needed for the storyboard making and a few camera techniques. Although when coming to produce the film the shots and camera frames will be on a separate document.
As I was creating my pitch presentation, I used Prezi. I decided to use Prezi because,
after playing around with it for a bit, I felt as if it would be really
impressive to use and much better than power point. I believed that the
audience will get a much better overview of my script & emphasised the
points I wanted to make to my clients. When I mentioned the two urban legend stories
I translated and mentioned as to why I chose ‘the clown statue’ story, I was
able to back up my reason by giving out a handout survey because after
practising my pitch to some peers they believed it would be better to show the
evidence and prove its actually true.
The
main message I am trying to convey through my script is the fact that there
could be a risk of stalkers if snap chat users aren’t careful when using the
snap chat location feature. Although I am a fan of snap chat and I use it almost
every day, the new location feature has put me off and made me worried as well
as my parents, so I believe that adding this to my urban legend script will
create awareness for all users to make sure they are safe and be extra careful
if their locations are turned on. Although I may not have expressed this enough
in my pitch, I think that if the clients were to read my proposal in case they
wanted more answers, they would understand as to why I chose to add snap chat
and the meaning behind it.
Overall, on the positive note, I believe that I included everything I could think of in my client presentation as well as my proposal, such as; the context of my film, where my inspiration came from, my script to screen results, audience research evidence and budget. I am happy as to way the pitch presentation worked out, especially after practising my pitch with some peers and where they gave me feedback that has helped me improve my presentation. I am proud as to the fact where I was able to justify my reasons and why I believe my script would be successful enough to be produced, I am confident that I have explained the synopsis of my script and clarified how I met the client brief by translating different urban legend stories. I was able to combine two different urban legend stories with own input as well to create an outstanding storyline.
However, I also believe that there are some aspects that may have let me down and the main thing I can mention is my confidence. Although I have mentioned a lot of things the client brief has asked me to, I consider that I may have been let down as to the way I was explaining things, which may have led me to not be successful. I understand that I may have been put down due to my nervousness, which may have made the panel a bit confused as to what I was trying to present. I feel as if I should have elaborated more on the questions that they have asked and I missed out on mentioning my target audience and as to why I have chosen that age range.
Comments
Post a Comment