P3 - First Submission



Omniya Tajni
P3: Create a pitch to communicate an idea to the client


THE SNAPCHAT STALKER – WRITTEN BY OMNIYA TAJNI
I have created a Prezi power point; I will be using this to pitch to my panel. I have created some notes that I will be memorising in order to give the panel more information about my script. You can find my presentation pitch: 
https://prezi.com/p/w8eajwy2nwsr/

Slide 1: What my script is about
My script is called ‘the snapchat stalker’ it is about a girl that is receiving loads of messages and snaps by someone who she think is her ex-boyfriend, constantly following her and seeing everything she does. The reason why she thinks that it could be him is because the whole reason as to why she left him was due to this behaviour, like she didn’t have freedom as he knew her every move.

Slide 2: Inspiration
My story is inspired by 2 different urban legend stories: ‘the babysitter & the man upstairs’ & ‘the clown statue’. The babysitter and the man upstairs is about a babysitter that is constantly getting calls from a strange man, asking her if she checked up on the kids & she thinks that it’s the father of the children until she notices that it actually isn’t. So she calls the police and they manage to trace the call and the call was coming from one of the rooms in the house. The clown story is about a clown statue just standing staring at a babysitter. I chose to merge these two together because I wanted the snap chat location update and after watching pretty little liars, I am really interested in mystery themes. Due to the whole new snap chat location update, I thought it would be really interesting to add it to my urban legend because it’s really dangerous, and it could affect many vulnerable individuals, so it will be creating awareness as well as fitting in to the urban genre theme

Slide 3: Script to Screen
I believe that I have achieved the conventions of the urban genre & responded to the requirements suggested in the client brief. I am certain that due to this being an East London Film Festival, I have achieved this by including different locations of East London in my script, I have featured actors that are living in East London & the script itself has been written in East London.

Slide 4: Audience Research
I decided to carry out a survey online about the topic of my script. Here I have the results of the 4 questions I have asked them. As you can see in question 3 more than 80% of these individuals say that they dislike the snapchat location feature and just over 50% of them say the reason for this is because of the risk of stalkers. So not only is my script fitting into the urban genre but also to create awareness that people feel uncomfortable using this feature.

Slide 5: Budget
If my script was to be picked, I would need to produce this without small costs, because when it comes to filming there are some decisions that are needed to be made. Therefore, I would need to request a budget of £580. After researching, I have found that:
I will need to use the equipment for about 4 days so that will add up to £300.
To get a public filming license I will need an amount of £150.
Once finished filming, my crew and I will need editing facilities, which will cost £130.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M2 - Second Submission

P1 + M1 - First Submission

P1 + M1 - Second Submission