D1 - Second Submission
Omniya Tajni
D1: Discuss the client considerations for the creation of the product from the pitch
After reading the client brief, it asked me to translate an urban legend story into a 5 min short film script for it to be held in the East London Film Festival. I believe that by reading this, I must have included locations that are only located in East London. I have developed my ideas from 2 different urban legend stories I found when researching. The urban legend stories are called 'the baby sitter & the man upstairs' & 'the clown statue'. At first my only interest was in the babysitter and the man upstairs but after planning the synopsis of what my film was going to be about, I had a feeling that something is missing that urban legend theme. After realising this, I did more research where I found the story of the clown statue, as it also linked with the idea of my film and after audience research I believed that it would be something interesting to add in an urban legend film.
The client has specifically said in the proposal that I must show in my pitch presentation where I developed my final idea, where my inspiration came from and the research I took in order to create the final product. When making my pitch, I believe I have included this by talking about the research material I undertook to allow me to reach my final idea. I developed my idea from when the client brief explained that I will have to translate an urban legend story. In this case, I have translated two urban legend stories. In my pitch I explained as to where my inspiration came from, this was when I added in how I wanted to include the snap chat location feature. I was intrigued to add this because I believed that it the new snap chat location feature was a risk for many users and adding it to an urban legend will allow the audience to be aware of the risks. I also explained that I was inspired by the series of pretty little liars, as it was about the stalker and what tricks the stalker did to the 5 girls and the ending gave me that element of surprise which is what an urban legend does itself.
Although the client requirements had compulsory, the client brief allowed me to make some of my own decisions and this was that I was free to present my ideas using various of different visual stimulus which could have included power point presentations. I created my pitch presentation through Prezi. I decided to use Prezi because, after playing around with it for a bit, I felt as if it would be really impressive to use and much better than power point. I believed that the audience will get a much better overview of my script & emphasised the points I wanted to make to my clients. After getting feedback from my peers they believed that when it came to talking about my audience research results I should have a hard copy of my results to give to the clients in the panel, this will then allow them to see the real evidence and prove that it is true.
Even though I had so many information I wanted to add, the constraints the client has requested is that my pitch must be at a time limit of 3-5 minutes. This then meant that I must make sure that I didn't have too much information because even though I needed to elaborate on my reasons I needed to make sure that it was clear to explain quickly to fit the time limit rather than exceeding it. However, we was required to make a treatment. This is kind of like a backup plan for my pitch, so in case I was to run out of time or not explain something properly the clients would be able to look at the treatment and see what I missed out on talking about or read clearly as to what I was trying to explain. I feel like this was really important to make, in my situation, because due to my nervousness I was let down when it came to justify the answer to my questions, so if the client was to look at my treatment they would have a fair understanding as to what I was trying to say.
There are explicit requirements the client has asked for me to do. In order for me to do a presentation, I must have a script produced that fits the urban legend genre. I must also be able to explain how I got the final idea, this includes the research I undertook. I believe I have successfully achieved this because not only have I made any random script I was able to use a range of formal elements of a film script and adapt my use of understanding of how a script is made to my own urban legend script. I was able to explain the context of my film, where my inspiration came from, my script to screen results, audience research evidence and budget. I am proud as to the fact where I was able to justify my reasons and why I believe my script would be successful enough to be produced, I am confident that I have explained the synopsis of my script and clarified how I met the client brief by translating different urban legend stories. I was able to explain how I combined two different urban legend stories with own input as well to create an outstanding story line.
The client has specifically said in the proposal that I must show in my pitch presentation where I developed my final idea, where my inspiration came from and the research I took in order to create the final product. When making my pitch, I believe I have included this by talking about the research material I undertook to allow me to reach my final idea. I developed my idea from when the client brief explained that I will have to translate an urban legend story. In this case, I have translated two urban legend stories. In my pitch I explained as to where my inspiration came from, this was when I added in how I wanted to include the snap chat location feature. I was intrigued to add this because I believed that it the new snap chat location feature was a risk for many users and adding it to an urban legend will allow the audience to be aware of the risks. I also explained that I was inspired by the series of pretty little liars, as it was about the stalker and what tricks the stalker did to the 5 girls and the ending gave me that element of surprise which is what an urban legend does itself.
Although the client requirements had compulsory, the client brief allowed me to make some of my own decisions and this was that I was free to present my ideas using various of different visual stimulus which could have included power point presentations. I created my pitch presentation through Prezi. I decided to use Prezi because, after playing around with it for a bit, I felt as if it would be really impressive to use and much better than power point. I believed that the audience will get a much better overview of my script & emphasised the points I wanted to make to my clients. After getting feedback from my peers they believed that when it came to talking about my audience research results I should have a hard copy of my results to give to the clients in the panel, this will then allow them to see the real evidence and prove that it is true.
Even though I had so many information I wanted to add, the constraints the client has requested is that my pitch must be at a time limit of 3-5 minutes. This then meant that I must make sure that I didn't have too much information because even though I needed to elaborate on my reasons I needed to make sure that it was clear to explain quickly to fit the time limit rather than exceeding it. However, we was required to make a treatment. This is kind of like a backup plan for my pitch, so in case I was to run out of time or not explain something properly the clients would be able to look at the treatment and see what I missed out on talking about or read clearly as to what I was trying to explain. I feel like this was really important to make, in my situation, because due to my nervousness I was let down when it came to justify the answer to my questions, so if the client was to look at my treatment they would have a fair understanding as to what I was trying to say.
There are explicit requirements the client has asked for me to do. In order for me to do a presentation, I must have a script produced that fits the urban legend genre. I must also be able to explain how I got the final idea, this includes the research I undertook. I believe I have successfully achieved this because not only have I made any random script I was able to use a range of formal elements of a film script and adapt my use of understanding of how a script is made to my own urban legend script. I was able to explain the context of my film, where my inspiration came from, my script to screen results, audience research evidence and budget. I am proud as to the fact where I was able to justify my reasons and why I believe my script would be successful enough to be produced, I am confident that I have explained the synopsis of my script and clarified how I met the client brief by translating different urban legend stories. I was able to explain how I combined two different urban legend stories with own input as well to create an outstanding story line.
Comments
Post a Comment